Monday 23 December 2013

December Birchbox Review


























Just over a week ago I received my December Birchbox! This is my third Birchbox and I'm pretty damn pleased with the products I've been receiving. It's definitely up there with Glossybox! This month i received a range of products to help me glam up for the holiday period. I've had such a good time experimenting with these that I've used most of them up...


Nail Rock Velvet Manicure Set 
Recently, textured nails have become the trend. I love experimenting with glitters but I've never tried velvet until yesterday. This kit is so much fun and the results are great too! You simply apply two coats of varnish and whilst your second coat is drying dip your nail in the pot of velvet that comes with the kit. Wait a few minutes et voila! Soft, stylish nails! I only tried out the velvet with my ring fingers as I wasn't too sure how it would turn out (plus it was 12am) but definitely for Christmas day I'm going to cover each nail in the velvet. This is a really fun kit and I'm definitely going to purchase more like this.

Lipsy London Glam Eau de Toilette 
This isn't the type of scent I would choose but I like it. It's a fruity, floral fragrance that is sexy and powerful. I'm not sure whether I would wear this myself as I prefer sweeter fragrances but I'm no opposed to wearing it if somebody bought it for me for Christmas!

Luminous Shimmer Eyeshadow by Alima Pure
I got a little pot of this shimmery eyeshadow in what I believe is the shade Paris. The shade is soft with a touch of glitter which really livens up basic make up, I'll be using this on Christmas day! However, the pot was very small and I'm not sure whether this is the full sized but it should definitely be made bigger. This is a loose shadow so it can go absolutely everywhere so maybe if it had a sifter on top it would help to not waste the product and/or spill it everywhere! Beside the design flaws, I think this glittery shadow is perfect for this time of year.

Twistband Skinny Hair Tie 
I don't really know what to think of this one. It's basically a piece of elastic tied together at each end. It didn't really tie my hair up very well, it didn't match my hair colour (pet peeve) and it looked messy with the knot in it...

Number 4 Jour d'Automne Hair Spray 
This is a bloody fantastic hair spray. I sprayed it a few times, puffed my hair up with my hands and everything stayed put; nice and volumized. The smell is nice and fruity, not like your generic hair spray smell. As well as the scent, unlike most hair sprays this one is non aerosol so you spritz instead of spray! This reduces the coughing fits greatly! I'm not too keen on the plain packaging but it does the job so that's all that matters!

BeeKind Body Lotion 
I use body lotion after washing to keep the moisture locked into my skin. I managed to use the whole bottle in one go (I'm very tall!!) so I didn't get too much of an experience with it. I rubbed this into moist skin and left to dry. I was left with soft, moisturised skin and with scents of camomile and honey, I smelled lovely and felt fresh throughout the night.

Naobay Milk Facial Cleanser 
I've recently found the most perfect face cleanser (stay tuned to find out which one it is!) so I wasn't too interested in trying this. I tried it a couple of times and my skin fell back into its old pattern of being blemished and spotty. I definitely need a stronger cleanser than a milk cleanser!

Overall I'm really impressed with this months box and intend to buy a few full sized products after my sample run out!

What did you get in this month's birchbox?
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I did not like this months birch box, I thought we could of done better since its the xmas box! haha :) http://makeupwithkimmy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

© J A D I C U S x o. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig