Sunday 30 August 2015

Goodbye Summer, Hello Autumn


What a summer it's been!  I've finally had a chance to chill out and look back at everything that has happened this season. I may have had the best summer of my life...

I spent two days at Hyde Park's British Summer Time and went to Wireless and V Festival. I saw so many of my favourite artists (my favourites being Taylor Swift, The Who and Stereophonics!) and discovered new ones (Charli XCX is by far my new fave!). I had such a great time regardless of the music and that's all down to the people I shared those moments with. It's also prompted me to purchase a weekend ticket to V Festival next year, whoops! (There's currently a discount on weekend tickets so head over to their website now). I'm hoping to go to Glastonbury and Download as well in 2016! 

I've lost myself in some great books, my favourites being Paper Towns and The Book Thief. If you haven't read either I suggest you do so! I was such a terrible reader before and would read maybe one book a year, if that. One of my friends, who is an aspiring writer, helped me rediscover the joy of reading (by letting me read the first drafts of his new book series. Trust me, it's going to be a hit!). I'm currently on To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee which I need to finish soon so I can read Go Set a Watchman! 

Discovering my own style was another one of my highlights. What's better than feeling pretty and confident? Nothing! My wardrobe is all pastel, pastel, pastel! Please, fashion gurus, don't make me hide away my pastels for AW15! 

What about the amazing weather we've had? Although it's pretty bleak outside today, we've had some beautiful sunny days. I bought my dream car this year (a baby blue convertible Beetle, like the one on 90210!) so I spent a lot of my time cruising around with my friends, top down at sunset, singing our favourite songs. It's the little things like that that mean the most. We might even be lucky enough to get some more sun in the next few weeks! 

I don't know about you though, but I'm definitely ready for over-sized jumpers, hot chocolate, dark evenings and the best holiday of all time, Halloween! I cannot wait for Autumn!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© J A D I C U S x o. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig