Thursday 24 September 2015

Birchbox at Selfridges


Birchbox set up shop in Selfridges, Oxford Street this month giving customers to opportunity to create their own beauty box from a range of products from a huge range of brands for just £15. You heard me. I'm talking Benefit, Clarins, Stila, Eyeko...  *heart eyes*

I popped into Selfridges this week to create my own; I felt like I kid in a sweet shop. There was SO much choice! The ladies from Birchbox gave me a list of what was on offer, alongside a specially designed box and one of their famous drawstring bag. I was allowed to pick six products out of the entire range; two makeup items, one body, one hair, one skincare and one little treat! I must have circulated the counter about 20 times before deciding on these beauties...

Eyeko Fat Eye Stick in Gilt
I love love love Eyeko! I adore their eyeliners so this was a must have! The fat eye stick is an ultra-pigmented jumbo crayon to help create the perfect smokey eye. The shade is called Gilt which is a metallic gold/grey colour. You can use this as you would a normal liner or smudge it to create an eyeshadow. This is the full sized product, which I can't find on the Eyeko website. Perhaps it's an exclusive to Birchbox, as you can buy a set of three for £16 on the Birchbox website

Lord & Berry Shiny Crayon Lipstick in Fire
I have a few Lord & Berry products already that I absolutely love! The pigmentation of their products, be it liner or lipstick, is astounding and is long lasting! I'm a sucker for a red lip so picking this was a no brainer. This soft lip pencil comes in the colour Fire and it's absolutely beautiful! The photo doesn't do it justice. This again is the full sized product which you can buy for £10 on the Lord & Berry website. That's just £5 off the cost of the entire box. Wowzers! 

Clarins HydraQuench Cream Mask
I'm going to admit it, I've never tried anything from Clarins. I hear that their products are amazing but they are a little too expensive for me! This is a 30Ml bottle of their cream mask which promises to "deliver intense hydration and boost the thirstiest skin". My skin can get quite dry in the Autumn so I'm sure this will come in handy! You're supposed to leave the mask on for 5-10 minutes for the best results. I can't wait to try it! The  full size75ml bottle is £33 on the Clarins Website, so I think this is quite a good sample size to have received. 

Rituals Honey Touch Body Cream
Rituals is one of my favourite brands for shower gel and body wash. I chose to try their Honey Touch Body Cream which smells absolutely define. I'm saving this for a special occasion because it smells too good to use, and I'm a moisturizer hoarder! This is a 70ml bottle but it usually comes in a 200ml pot at £17, which you can buy from the Rituals website

Beauty Protector Protect and Detangle
I've had this before in a Birchbox a while ago and absolutely loved it, but I forgot the name of the brand and gave up searching for it. This is a multi-function hair care product which acts mainly as a leave in conditioner and heat protector. From previous experience it leaves hair soft and conditioned and instantly detangles. It was a life saver on holiday and the scent completely disguised the smell of chlorine from to pool. I'm so glad to have got my hands on it again! Unfortunately it doesn't say how much is in the bottle, but the full sized product is 236ml and is only £14 on the Birchbox website

This Works Sleep Plus Pillow Spray
One of my favourite bloggers posted about this a while back and I've been interested in trying it since. I've been struggling with my sleep for a long time and very few methods have helped me. This pillow spray is lavender scented and claims to restore a healthy sleep pattern. I'm going to give it a try tonight! This comes in a 5ml bottle and you can buy two different sizes on the This Works website, the cheapest being £25 for 75ml. If it really does what it says on the tin, I'll definitely invest in the full sized version. 

The popup shop is only in Selfridges until 27th September, so if you're heading down to Oxford Street this weekend be sure to check it out! You also get 50% off your first Birchbox with your purchase. What's not to like? 

Have you created your own Birchbox with Selfridges? What did you choose? 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© J A D I C U S x o. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig