Friday 4 April 2014

Glamour's Spring Latest In Beauty Edit Review


Glamour Magazine has teamed up again with Latest In Beauty to bring us this Spring's must have goodies. The products included in this box are some that I would have never tried but am so grateful that I have. Here's why...

L'Oreal Paris Miss Manga Mascara
I've recently only stuck with my They're Real Mascara by Benefit, thinking that there would never be another mascara on par with it. Boy was I wrong. I wasn't really interested in this mascara at first, as I didn't like the results of the mascara on the adverts. However, if you apply this mascara as you would any other, it doesn't actually clump your lashes that much! After application, my lashes are longer, thicker, darker and more defined than any other mascara I've tried. It makes my eyes look wide awake, even on my worst mornings at work! For only £8.99, this mascara is a bargain and one that I will be purchasing again and again.

Daniel Sandlers Longlasting Waterproof Eyeliner
Ok, so I didn't love this product, but only for one reason. The colour. Had we received a black or a brown, I would have raved about this eyeliner forever. I applied it once to see what it would look like and I really was not confident enough to wear the colour blue. However, it does what it says on the tin. It lasted all day, and was just as colourful as when I first applied it. It didn't run like some eyeliners, giving you the panda eye! It genuinely stayed put. I put it to the test and left it on before washing my face, and it didn't budge. It only came off using eye makeup remover which proves that it really does the job. I found it for just under a tenner for the colour black, so I'm thinking of investing...

Burts Bees Beeswax Lipbalm 
What a lovely product. I'm a big fan of lipbalm, and I'm constantly applying it at work instead of wasting my lipstick at the computer, so a tasty, longlasting lipbalm is essential in my makeup bag. This lipbalm is rich in vitamins and oils which help to keep your lips plump and soft. Gone are the days of chapped lips! It has quite a minty flavour which can be overpowering if you don't like mint, but I found it so yummy! When it runs out I'm definitely buying another!

Cheeky Chat Me Up Nail Paint
This is nail polish came in such a lovely colour, it's a shame that it chipped so easily! The brush was very thick and made application easy and it dried very quickly on my nails. There was a shiny finish once the nails were dry, but again, it chipped within hours, so I don't think I will purchase this product.

Invisibobble Hair Rings 
AMAZING. This has completely changed the way I tied up my hair. The concept is simple, a hair tie that looks like a phone cable, in lots of funky colours. The results, AMAZING. The rings help to hold hair evenly in place and ensure that when you take down your hair there are no kinks. Literally none! When you work in an office like me, it tends to get stuffy and all you want to do is tied your hair up. I usually put it back down at the end of the day but it is just a mess after my normal hairbands get hold of it. My hair kinks so easily! With these, I can put my hair up and down as many times in a day and when i take my hair out it looks just as before. These bands don't tug on your hair either and feel very loose, even though they are holding your hair tight in place. I do sometimes suffer from headaches when I tie my hair up, but not with these. I suppose that because of how gentle these are on your hair they reduce breakage, which is fantastic as I'm trying to grow out my hair! I will definitely buy some more of these, in all different colours!

Percy and Reed Abundantly Bouncy Volumising Mousse
I've tried a couple of Percy and Reed products before and what attracts me to the brand is the cute packaging, relaxing scents and the beautiful, salon results. This mousse is no exception. I have naturally curly hair, but it does go flat at the top, so I now use this to give my locks some oomph! Unlike most mousse products, this is non-sticky, you don't even have to wash your hands afterwards. This mousse also doesn't make your hair go "crispy" which is a common issue I find with other brands. It smells fantastic and my hair never felt softer. The price is the only thing that puts me off this product, but I reckon I will buy it once it runs out. You only need to use a pea sized amount for decent results, so it won't run out any time soon!

Rituals Zensation Foaming Shower Gel
I have never used a Rituals product, but I am always in awe when I pass the store in Bluewater. I've heard rave reviews about their skincare range, and those reviews aren't wrong! You shake this can like a hair mousse and pump out a pea sized amount onto your hands. It grows and lathers into a shed load of foam that you can use on most of your body in one go. It left my skin feeling delicately soft, fresh and smelling delightful. I had many relaxing baths with this due to the scent! The bottle lasted quite a few washes, so £8.50 for a full sized bottle is well worth the money.

Out of the seven products I received, being willing to purchase six of the products is fantastic! I was so happy with this box that I am seriously considering purchasing another...

Have you tried any of these products? What were your thoughts?
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. The hair ring looks like a great product! Something i've never seen before!
    xx beautyybychloe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great box - I really want to try the Manga mascara!

    Josie xoxo | Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete

© J A D I C U S x o. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig